Ken Lundquist – President
With over 40 years in manufacturing and 27 of them strategically applying Lean Manufacturing principles, Ken has a mission of sharing his knowledge with small manufacturers so that they can benefit from techniques which are extensively used by successful manufacturing companies of all sizes. His 17 years in plant management with full P&L responsibility of a highly profitable plant makes him qualified to help you achieve sustainable profitability.
With a BSIE and MBA Ken has held positions in all aspects of manufacturing operations. These include:
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Plant (Facilities) Engineer
- Materials Manager
- Plant Manager
- Division Manufacturing Manager over multiple facilities
- Division Supply Chain Manager
- Division Lean Manufacturing Manager
Ken learned Lean Manufacturing on his own after becoming aware of the Toyota Production System while on a joint venture assignment in Japan in 1982. Upon his return to the States he read books and attended seminars along with his manufacturing engineers and began applying selected cost-effective Lean tools (setup reduction and cellular manufacturing) with immediate success. As JIT and later Lean Manufacturing became more broadly accepted, Ken had formal training from the various well-known Lean experts.
Ken’s career is full of a variety of assignments and positions with numerous notable accomplishments.
- Participated in two foreign joint venture studies
- Participated in two acquisition integrations
- Oversaw three plant expansions
- Oversaw the consolidation of three plants to two
- Through the successfully application of Lean Manufacturing, avoided a fourth expansion by generating enough free floor space to accommodate ten million dollars of additional manufacturing equipment
- Took market share of major product line from 33% to 85% through the application of Lean Manufacturing and the employment of Strategic Business Operations Planning
- Increased sales from $48M to $150M